Are you an experienced IT Support Engineer looking for the opportunity to progress your career in a lead role for a company that will provide comprehensive training and progression opportunities?
On offer is a great opportunity for an IT Support Engineer to join a small but very talented IT team.
In this role, the successful applicant will lead a dynamic team to provide 1st and 2nd line support, and be given industry leading training enabling you to really progress your career.
This role would suit someone with experience as an IT support engineer, with some leadership or even just small mentoring experience, who is keen to progress their career in a leadership role.
- Overseeing service desk and ensuring tickets are picked up according to SLAs.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line desktop support to all users, both onsite and remotely
- Acting as the technical escalation point for the service desk team
- Undertake regular reviews of tickets and provide reports and recommendations to the ICT Manager
- Contribute to and deliver improvements that support the continuous improvement of processes and controls within the team
- Assist in maintaining the company IT network infrastructure.
- Assisting the ICT Manager with IT projects
- Assisting the ICT Manager with security and compliance
- Assist with reviewing technologies that might aid the business
Skills & Experience
- 1st line/2nd line general IT Support background with proven experience in a similar environment
- Leadership/Mentoring experience and ambition
- Experience of supporting all or some of the following:
- MS365 Applications
- Windows 10 & 11
- Mac OS
- Azure AD / Active Directory
- Intune / MS Endpoint Manager
- MS Exchange
- Cloud Phones
- Cisco Meraki
- Application Support experience (CRM or ERP)
- Networking experience including DNS, DHCP, switches and cabling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to give clear instructions and explain technical issues internally and to suppliers
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business priorities
- Ability to prioritise work/good organisational skills
- Good Team Player
- Possess a 'can do' attitude
- Strong customer facing skills
- ICT related qualification at HND level, equivalent, or above
- Knowledge of ITIL (Opportunity to complete ITIL foundation will be provided)
- ICT Security & Compliance beneficial