Visavvi are a market leader in the presentation technology and data display sectors and a specialist supplier of audio visual, multimedia, video production and digital technology. We have approximately 245 full time industry specialists located across multiple locations in the UK.
We have now entered an exciting new chapter in our evolution and have an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer to be based in the North of England (M62 corridor).
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the engineering and project teams taking responsibility for the design, programming and commissioning of commercial audio visual, control and video conferencing systems – providing working solutions in line with project specifications and system capabilities. The ideal candidate will be required to implement AV control systems (AMX/Crestron/Extron), DSP setup and network integration.
The Systems Engineering role requires work to be undertaken from the office and to visit job sites for commissioning and/or debugging systems with a strong knowledge and understanding of AV control, systems integration and network fundamentals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Control system programming: Develop source code and touch panel files for control systems, based on schematic diagrams and project scope of work.
- Audio DSP programming: Configure, test & commission DSP devices based on system design & functionality requirements.
- Network configuration: Integrate AV controls and monitoring to client networks.
- Engineering support: Provide technical support in the design and functionality of systems control.
- Systems testing: Assist both in-house and field testing of systems with integrated control.
- Product development: Work to develop standardisations for touch panel interfaces and control code development to help streamline programming costs.
- Report/document any problematic products.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that Visavvi and related manufacturers offer.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- You will have experience within at least one of the following programming environments: Crestron/AMX/Extron.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, wiring diagrams, and other AV and architectural drawings.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Planning and organisational skills: Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Thorough understanding of audio visual systems.
- Strong understanding of control systems programming from various manufacturers.
- Substantial knowledge of networks and their setup.
- Understanding of different control methods and how to implement them.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and diagnosing malfunctioning systems.
- Ability to initiate and maintain positive working relationships with employees and other trades and interact with customers and project team members professionally.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent software knowledge of audio visual products and brands with the aspiration to achieve and maintain industry specific qualification such as CTS, CTS-D and ECS.
You will need to be flexible and able to overcome design and building obstructions and be committed to delivering a first-class service often under a high degree of pressure working to tight deadlines.
The role is offered on a permanent basis working 38.75 hours per week Monday to Friday. Weekend work and travelling both UK and abroad will be required.
If interested, please forward your CV to: email@example.com