Who we are
Visavvi are global leaders in audio visual, business communications and collaboration. We harness technology to create highly intuitive and versatile meeting and collaboration environments.
We are looking to expand our in house development team to help enhance our current offerings and work on exciting new projects.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated, flexible and talented individual to join our award-winning team. The right candidate will have a positive attitude to work and be a great team player.
As well as being passionate about development of great code the candidate will also need to be outgoing and work well under pressure to hit timelines and build schedules. They will need to produce concise and maintainable code as the quality of our platform and software products are key to our success in this fast-moving exciting area of collaboration & device management technology.
Who you are
You are passionate and eager to both learn and share knowledge with others. You work well in a team but have the initiative to work independently. You take pride in your work and challenge yourself to deliver the very best solutions.
You enjoy problem solving, the more difficult the better and are creative when finding solutions. You love writing code and providing intuitive, scalable and ingenious solutions.
You will have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Demonstrates solid understanding of object-orientated concepts and design patterns
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony/Laravel)
- Proficiency designing relational databases (SQL)
- Demonstrates an understanding Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with DevOps tools – e.g. Git, GitLab, CI/CD, Jenkins, Trello
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with React/React-native/Vue
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes/Docker
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and related technologies
- Experience building GraphQL API’s
- Experience deploying and maintaining AWS Infrastructure as Code (Terraform/CloudFormation/CDK)
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity for training and career development
- Based out of the York office with work from home on request
- Company social events
- Use the environment you are most comfortable with Windows, Linux or Mac
- Employer pension scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company wellness program